The name that is displayed when referencing the account owner.
Default Guest Start and End Time
The Default Guest Start and End settings are used for global check-in and check-out times. However, these times can also be set on individual lock settings pages if there is a need for a different check-in and check-out time for particular locks within the account. In this case, the individual lock settings times will overrule the account settings times.
Here's how things work on the database level:
- when a new lock is created "default guest start/end time" is empty (no default for this)
- when an account is created "default guest start/end time" does have the defaults (4pm and 11am)
- for airbnb, the system "guest start/end time"we first look up value on the lock. If not present, we take account value (which is always present and can be the default or user set).
How things work in the User Interface:
- in the account settings "default guest start/end time" is always populated with the database value. This value might be the default or user set but it always exists in the database.
- New locks have empty/null values for these fields. In this case we take account values (user set or default) and populate the lock settings page with it. It makes sense to do this as account values will be used when guest is created. Also we provide more info to the user.
- When a user updates "default guest start/end time" in lock settings page, we show user-set values for that lock (account fallback not used). This is per field, so lock "default start time" might be user set, but "default end time" might fall back to use corresponding account value.
Number of Digits of Auto Generated PIN
Sets the number of digits for a PIN that is generated automatically through the system via an integration. Some of our partner integrations (Airbnb for example), do not specify a pin number for the guest code. In these cases, the system will assign a randomly generated pin number for the guest code. This setting allows users to set the length of this randomly generated pin number between 4 and 6 digits in length. 4 digits is the default, but owners wanting more security can select 5 or 6 digits.